A proposal to change psqlodbc

From: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: A proposal to change psqlodbc
Date: 2001-04-24 01:26:55
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi all,

Currently psqlodbc calls ODBC functions(SQLXXXX())
internally in pretty many places. This seems
confusing to me and I'd like to change as follows.

1) Move the current implementation of SQLXXXX()
to PG_XXXX() and so SQLXXXX() is never called
internally(call PG_XXXX() instead).
2) SQLXXXX() simply calls PG_XXXX().

2) is the first step and would be changed in the
near future. For example translation_dll would be
called outside PG_XXXX(but inside SQLXXXX) to avoid
duplicate calls.

If there's no objection, I would change the current
source in a week or so.

Comments ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue