Re: select a.name ... union select a.name ... order by a.name fails in 7.1

From: Palle Girgensohn <girgen(at)partitur(dot)se>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: select a.name ... union select a.name ... order by a.name fails in 7.1
Date: 2001-04-23 02:25:10
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Tom,

thanks for your input. Now I have something to bash my
programmers over the head with ;-)

No, just kidding... But as you say, it is plain bad SQL, I
realize this fully now. Oddly enough, I have a SQL book that
has one or two examples with order by a.foobar. Oh well...
Thanks for the prompt answer!

/Palle