Re: Unsigned ints (Help)

From: Adriaan Joubert <a(dot)joubert(at)albourne(dot)com>
Cc: Postgresql <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Unsigned ints (Help)
Date: 2001-03-28 19:27:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> See past discussions about appropriate handling of unlabeled numeric
> constants.  This is a tricky area that needs a thoroughgoing rethink.
> If you go into it with only "fix uint4" in mind then you will almost
> certainly make things worse.

Gosh, you were certainly right there! Now inserting 65535 works, but
inserting 65536 gives me 0 unless I cast to uint4!

Searching the mailing list is not working for the individual mailing
lists (I get Error: File Not Found - Did you enter the correct domain
name, or URL? from ReadySetNet), and searching through all the files at turned up nothing.

Can somebody tell me when that discussion took place? Or tell me where
to look in the code?