Re: Unsigned ints (Help)

From: Adriaan Joubert <a(dot)joubert(at)albourne(dot)com>
Cc: Postgresql <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Unsigned ints (Help)
Date: 2001-03-28 19:27:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> See past discussions about appropriate handling of unlabeled numeric
> constants.  This is a tricky area that needs a thoroughgoing rethink.
> If you go into it with only "fix uint4" in mind then you will almost
> certainly make things worse.

Gosh, you were certainly right there! Now inserting 65535 works, but
inserting 65536 gives me 0 unless I cast to uint4!

Searching the mailing list is not working for the individual mailing
lists (I get Error: File Not Found - Did you enter the correct domain
name, or URL? from ReadySetNet), and searching through all the files at
uni-erlangen.de turned up nothing.

Can somebody tell me when that discussion took place? Or tell me where
to look in the code?

Thanks!

Adriaan