Re: Unix Scripts linking with Postgres

From: Orlando Eloy Gentil <gentil(at)cdludi(dot)com(dot)br>
To: ltt(at)pml(dot)ac(dot)uk
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unix Scripts linking with Postgres
Date: 2001-01-16 15:28:15
Lists: pgsql-novice
	Hi all,

	How did u change it? I changed the last two lines from my pg_hda.conf (
"trust" to "crypt") but it didn't work.
	I did the following after "su -l postgres"
	1-> createdb postgres
	2-> chmod 600 pg_pwd
	3-> psql
	4-> alter user postgres with password postgres_pw
	5-> \q
	6-> changed the file pg_hda.conf as described later
	7-> /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql restart

	After this when I try to use "psql -u -d postgres" or "psql -u", it
says that connection to database failed and failed authentication.
	Thanks in advance,

	Orlando