plpgsql not unrecognized

From: Fred Accary <fred(dot)accary(at)domainintellect(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: plpgsql not unrecognized
Date: 2000-12-20 10:10:31
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have recently installed Postgres on my workstation (which is running
Mandrake 7.1) and on our database server machine ( Intel running Rh7.0).
The installation on my workstation was from the RPMs, the installation
on our database server was from the source files (i used the
Installation procedure in the Administartor's Guide ). The version of
Postgres is: 7.0.2 on both machines.

I am trying to create a function using plpgsql. I receivethe following
error message ( on both machines ) :
Unrecognized language specified in a CREATE FUNCTION: 'plpgsql'.
Recognized languages are sql, C, internal and the created procedural
languages.

What do i need to do to correct this ? ( Have I not specified an
"option" somewhere ? )

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Fred

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Karla PeraltaDate: 2000-12-20 16:48:59