Great Bridge launches hacker support site

From: Ned Lilly <ned(at)greatbridge(dot)com>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Great Bridge launches hacker support site
Date: 2000-11-06 19:36:08
Lists: pgsql-announce
All,

I've attached below a link to an announcement of a new website we're
calling GreatBridge.org - which provides CVS, mail lists, bug tracking,
task management, and more for open source projects related to PostgreSQL.

Please take a minute and take a look around - we've already started to
get some interesting things going with the site:

- Dave Page, who recently GPL'ed PgAdmin, has started putting up
materials for that project, a terrific GUI design and admin tool for
Postgres.
- Ross Reedstrom has launched a project called PocketPGSQL - a "lite"
version of Postgres for handheld devices.
- Peter Mount has agreed to set up the JDBC driver on the site; we're
hopeful that more people will be able to participate in the growth of
this important interface.
- Joel Clark is starting a new project called libpqcom, which as the
name implies, aims to extend libpq into the COM world.
- And Great Bridge ourselves will be starting several projects - 7.0.3
RPMs for the four leading Linux distros (built by Lamar Owen), a
Python/Anaconda-based graphical installer for Postgres, and the site
itself - which is built on Postgres and PHP.

We'd really appreciate any comments or suggestions.  If you currently
maintain a project related to PostgreSQL, or are interested in starting
a new one, please sign up at the site or drop me a line off-list.

Here's the link:  http://www.greatbridge.com/about/press.php?content_id=16

Thanks,
Ned

Ned Lilly                     e: ned(at)greatbridge(dot)com
Vice President                w: www.greatbridge.com
Evangelism / Hacker Relations        v: 757.233.5523
Great Bridge, LLC                    f: 757.233.5555

pgsql-announce by date