assertion

From: deval <deval(at)giaspn01(dot)vsnl(dot)net(dot)in>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: assertion
Date: 2000-10-11 15:31:12
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi

I have two tables, INMAT to track incoming material, which I process and
return, and OUTMAT to track outgoing material. each entry in INMAT is a
serial, INKY. Incoming Quantity is under field INQTY.  Outgoing quantity
in OUTMAT is under field OQTY. To check that outgoing material does not
exceed material that came in I copied the following construction from
"Database Systems" by Elmasri and Navathe.

CREATE ASSERTION OQTY_CONSTRAINT
CHECK ( OUTMAT.OQTY<=INMAT.INQTY FROM OUTMAT,INMAT
	WHERE OUTMAT.INKY=INMAT.INKY);

It did not work. I am using Postgresql-7.0.2. Can someone point out my
mistake?

Thanks in advance.

Vijay

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Fernando M. MarescaDate: 2000-10-11 21:53:37