pgAdmin problem again

From: chriswood(at)wvda(dot)com
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgAdmin problem again
Date: 2000-07-27 13:23:35
Lists: pgsql-novice
It used to work, then I had to reinstall Win98. Then I reinstalled all
the components that I installed in the first place to get pgAdmin
working - dcom, mdac, and the postgresql odbc driver.

However, I get this error message when I try to connect to the
database:

Error 3706, Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly
installed.
Function: frmODBCLogon, cmdOK_Click

Now this is confusing me, because I just *reinstalled* all this stuff!
Is there some different network protocol I have to have installed?

Here's a sample of the relevant entry in the logfile:

*********************
* Error - 7/27/00 10:17:36 AM
*********************

Software
********
Program: Unknown
Version: Unknown
Sub or Function: frmODBCLogon, cmdOK_Click

Error Details
*************
Error No: 3706
Error Description: Provider cannot be found. It
may not be properly installed.
Error Source: ADODB.Connection
DLL Error Code: 0

Memory Details
**************
Total Physical: 66551808
Total Swap: 610664448
Total Virtual: 2143289344
Available Physical: 0
Available Swap: 545079296
Available Virtual: 2094333952
Percentage Free: 96

System Details
**************
Processor: 586
OEM ID: 0
No. Processors: 1
Page Size: 4096

OS Details
**********
Platform: Windows 95/98
Version: 4.10
Build: 2222
OS Info: A

Christopher Wood
chriswood(at)wvda(dot)com
Community Access Technical Coordinator

http://www.wvda.com/index.html
http://www.wvcn.ns.ca/index.html
http://www.wvcn.ns.ca/~bcap/index.html

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Helge BahmannDate: 2000-07-27 13:34:01