Searching Blobs

From: Matt Fair <matt(at)netasol(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Searching Blobs
Date: 2000-07-18 21:15:24
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
I have placed strings in blobs and stored them into the database, the
people who helped me thank you.  I am using JDBC and I want to be able
to search these blobs for sub strings with a sql query and get a result
set back.  Is this possible or would I have to have java or some other
language parse through all blobs that I get back after I convert them
back to strings?  If this is so, it would be horribly inefficient.
Thanks
Matt Fair

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Joseph ShraibmanDate: 2000-07-18 21:15:48