Re: Please comment on trademark guidelines

From: Richard Broersma <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Please comment on trademark guidelines
Date: 2009-09-29 14:46:03
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:

> Please comment on this policy here or on its discussion page.  Please no
> armchair lawyering, unless you *are* an attorney; we just want to make
> sure that this policy encompasses desired community uses, not its legal
> pedigree.

I have a question regarding the difference between a trademark and the
BSD license.

pgfoundry shows that all of the graphics in this project are release
under the BSD license:
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/graphics/
http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000089/120/elephant-64.png

Will the policy the graphic use harmonize with the BSD license?

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug