Trouble with creating tempoprary tables in plpgsql

From: Alexander Stetsenko <as(at)anapa(dot)org(dot)ru>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Trouble with creating tempoprary tables in plpgsql
Date: 2000-06-09 08:48:39
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi
I create some temporary tables in plpgsql function:
"create temp table as select * ..."
all works if I execute this function standalone
but if this function is called by another function more then once
temp tables can`t be create because ones exists
I was trying bypass this first create temp tables and after insert to
them data
but error arised when I wrote "create temp table( some params );" or
"drop table ..."
Help me please
How can I avoid a need to create static tables
and how can I drop temporary tables If it is possible :-)
Thank you
--
"The Element"
C o m p u t e r