Back online

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Back online
Date: 2000-05-27 02:36:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I'm finally up and running (sort of) after upgrading my formerly
revlocked Linux system at home.

Tatsuo, I've got one last problem I was hoping someone could help me
with:

I've got a Fujitsu MO640 SCSI disk drive. At the moment, the system is
very unhappy with it; when I write to it the system ends up trying to
write to sectors way off the end of the drive, which throws SCSI errors.

In looking at Altavista, most of the matches on a reference to this
drive are in Japanese :( Any hints from the web would be appreciated.
I'm running Linux 2.2.14 from the Mandrake 7.0.2 distribution. My old
RedHat 5.2 system required kernel patches (which I had gotten from a
site in Japan), but ran with the drive without problems. btw, the
fundamental problem is with the 2048byte sector size on the disk.

Thanks.

- Tom