Re: Charsets in JDBC driver?

From: Anders Bengtsson <anders(at)natakademin(dot)se>
To: Peter Mount <petermount(at)it(dot)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Charsets in JDBC driver?
Date: 2000-05-23 11:49:54
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Ok, using "\l" in psql shows that my databases has "SQL_ASCII" as
charset. Is there some way to determine that setting for a database
through the driver interface? I guess that would make it possible to
implement a complete support for charsets in the JDBC driver.

Or, in other words, is the driver protocol defined somewhere? :)

/Anders

Peter Mount wrote:

> Currently, the driver does little with Unicode. This is mainly because I
> don't have much dealings with any other encodings than the standard, so
> it's difficult to test.
>
> Peter
>
> --
> Peter Mount
> Enterprise Support
> Maidstone Borough Council
> Any views stated are my own, and not those of Maidstone Borough Council.

A n d e r s  B e n g t s s o n                     anders(at)natakademin(dot)se
http://www.natakademin.se/