Re: [PORTS] WindowsNT, Java

From: Palle Girgensohn <girgen(at)partitur(dot)se>
To: Erwin Selg <eselg(at)softbridge(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [PORTS] WindowsNT, Java
Date: 2000-03-01 15:13:50
Lists: pgsql-ports
> Erwin Selg wrote:
>
> right now I'm evaluating the PostgreSQL and it seems to be
> the big bang for us.

Sounds great.

[...]

> Also I read it was a Java database, so my question: Is it
> a Java database or is it done
> in C++?

PostgreSQL has support for Javs's JDBC API. PostgreSQL itself is entirely written i C (not C++), but that will hardly matter for you. We use it mainly with applications written entirely in Java.

> Are there any restrictions of the features or performance
> on any platform?

I almost complies to SQL-92. The major feature that does not exist in the 6.5.x branch is outer joins. My guess is it will be in version 7.

Cheers
Palle