Re: [INTERFACES] problems with large-objects

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: woho(at)ieee(dot)org
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] problems with large-objects
Date: 1999-10-02 16:08:03
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> So I failed when reading the manual,
> because I never realized, that using transactions are a requirement when
> working with LO's.
> > This restriction has been documented as required all along,

Well, just because we think we've documented it doesn't mean that it
is obvious. Now that you know, do the docs you were reading make this
clear and you just missed it, or should it be mentioned in more places
than it is currently? Let us know if you have suggestions for
improvements...

- Thomas

South Pasadena, California