Bug report?

From: Sue <sue(at)newel(dot)net>
To: webmaster(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug report?
Date: 1999-09-13 13:42:13
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello,

As a novice user of PostreSQL, I try to make a backup of my database
regularly. I used the pg_dump command and found that my dump file is
not what I expected.

I have a column type : last_modified DATE NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_DATE

When I pg_dump this I get the following line in my file :
"last_modified" date DEFAULT date( 'current'::datetime + '0 sec')
NOT NULL,

When I try to reload the table, it seems to block. After I change this
line back to what I had originally, it seems to load fine. Is this
really a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Sue Harbour