New man pages

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org, Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: New man pages
Date: 1999-08-10 02:40:08
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-hackers

I've posted a tarball of new man pages at

ftp://postgresql.org/pub/doc/man.tar.gz

which were generated from the sgml sources used in the other docs.
There are a few new pages corresponding to applications like pgtclsh,
ipcclean, etc which were not documented in reference pages previously.

Also, the old man pages have been removed from the main branch of the
cvs repository (to take effect for the v6.6 release). All information
from those man pages appears somewhere else in the new docs; usually
in the reference pages but sometimes in a more suitable place.

Please let me know if you see any problems with these.

- Thomas

btw, the man tarball will also appear in a source distribution of
Postgres, much like the tarballs of html documentation. We may choose
to build the docs on the fly for a release, making the tarballs
superfluous, but I decided to do it this way to get us started...

South Pasadena, California