'Notice' bug

From: Leon <leon(at)udmnet(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 'Notice' bug
Date: 1999-07-01 17:08:15
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Your name		:Leonid Zubatov
Your email address	:leon(at)udmnet(dot)ru

System Configuration
---------------------
  Architecture 	:intel pentium

  Operating System :Linux redhat 5.9 kernel 2.2.3-5

  PostgreSQL version   :   PostgreSQL-6.5

  Compiler used 	:gcc 2.7.2.3

I discovered this problem first trying to create a table with a primary
key from a C program using PQexec. The table is always successfully
created, but program dies with core dump immediately after that.

After a bit of investigation I found that ANY query which produces
NOTICE from backend crashes the program. These statements are
EXPLAIN, create table with FOREIGN KEY.

There is also something wrong with psql application: it prints all
NOTICES from backend twice.

And, by the way, psql doesn't feel the up-arrow key
on the keyboard, it prints symbols  ^[[A when I press up-arrow.
There wasn't such problem with Postgres 6.4.

Please describe a way to repeat the problem.   Please try to provide a

Simply give one of described commands to the backend from a C program
via PQexec function

If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution below:

Have no idea :)

--
Leon.

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Unprivileged userDate: 1999-07-01 22:20:04