Re: [GENERAL] entity relationship diagram free software

From: Mark Dalphin <mdalphin(at)amgen(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] entity relationship diagram free software
Date: 1999-04-26 17:10:05
Lists: pgsql-general
I went looking for such a package some time ago and stumbled on a page from
Holland (I believe) which offers some free (to non-comercial users)
documentation software which supports both ERDs and DFDs, plus many other
drawing-types about which I know nothing.  The software is available in binary
only, unfortunately, but many platforms are supported.

I have found the software to be quite good on my Linux machine (at home); at
work (commercial...) I am happy to have the much more sophisticated packages
which support the generation of SQL from the ERD etc. These cost a great deal
more, however.  On the otherhand, the author of the package, TCM: "Toolkit for
Conceptual Modeling", does claim it would be "not too difficult" to write such a
package, and he does provide a decent description of his file format.

The package can be found at:
	http://wwwis.cs.utwente.nl:8080/~tcm/index.html

Cheers,
Mark
--
Mark Dalphin                          email: mdalphin(at)amgen(dot)com
Mail Stop: 29-2-A                     phone: +1-805-447-4951 (work)

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Oseas RodriguesDate: 1999-04-26 17:24:45