a few questions

From: Bruno Bonnefoy <bbonnefo(at)asi(dot)fr>
To: docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: a few questions
Date: 1999-02-19 16:15:15
Lists: pgsql-docs
Hello
i've got two questions :

1/ how can i load dequential files (list of records, one record per
line, fields in teh same line separated with teh PIPE caracter i.e) into

a postgresql database; I've tried the way i used to do it with informix
, by sql, typing :

load from "file " insert into table

where "file" is the name of my sequential file, and table is the name of

my postgresql destination table
In the same way, how can i "unload" the contents of my postgresql
database to sequential files ?

2/ what about ODBC drivers ? i've read many things concerning the
drivers, but don't know if they exist, for which operating systems and
file types, and how i could use them.

For instance i want to import into Microsoft Software (word, excel,
access) the contents of my postgresql database.

Thanks for all your answers.

Bruno Bonnefoy, Lyon, France

pgsql-docs by date