Re: [DOCS] lyx and sgml

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [DOCS] lyx and sgml
Date: 1999-01-05 03:49:36
Lists: pgsql-docs

> Good. Seems like a natural. I will keep my eyes on it. lyx really
> seems like an amazing word processor. Like troff, but for X windows,
> and more flexible.
> Because most of my stuff is only a few pages, troff works just fine,
> Certainly the PostgreSQL docs are too large for a troff-only project,
> but I can see lyx handling it nicely.

I haven't actually run lyx (since it didn't support my toolset), but had
subscribed to their mailing list for quite a while to stay in touch with
it. afaik it is a wysiwyg text entry application, and it would use sgml
tags both internally and as the markup for output docs. So we would
still use jade to generate our production output.

- Tom