Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC example is not working with Kaffe 1.0b3

From: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
To: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC example is not working with Kaffe 1.0b3
Date: 1998-12-31 08:26:56
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Peter T Mount wrote:

> It looks like Kaffe is having problems with it's IO. I have Redhat 5.2
> here, so I'll try it's Kaffe, and see if it has the same problem.
> Which one of the examples are you using?

I am using a simple program derived from example basic.java.

There are no significant changes inside, just the database name, name of
table and fields and maybe their types.
But the main idea is the same. Create a table, put some records inside
and select them.

I am attaching the java source to this e-mail. You should replace
"contabil" database name with your own.
Just a moment please, I want to verify if the original basic example is
working with kaffe.

SURPRISE !!!! The original basic.java is working good also with jdk
1.1.7 and with kaffe !!!!
But why it crashes with my program ? This would be more interesting to
see it!

It's 10:30 in Romania. C ya in 1999 !
I wish you A Happy New Year to all of you !

--
Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA

Attachment Content-Type Size