Re: Utilizing multiple cores in a function call.

From: "Hartman, Matthew" <Matthew(dot)Hartman(at)krcc(dot)on(dot)ca>
To: "Jean-David Beyer" <jeandavid8(at)verizon(dot)net>, "pgsql performance" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Utilizing multiple cores in a function call.
Date: 2009-06-29 15:01:57
Lists: pgsql-performance

I'm pretty much at that point where I've chewed the fat off of the
algorithm, or at least at my personal limits. Occasionally a new idea
pops into my head and yields an improvement but it's in the order of
100-250ms.

Google came back with "no sir". It seems PostgreSQL is limited to one
CPU per query unless I spawn a master/controller like you suggested.
Shame..

Matthew Hartman
Programmer/Analyst
Information Management, ICP