Re: [HACKERS] Patch for user-defined C-language functions

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Bernard Frankpitt <frankpit(at)pop(dot)dn(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Patch for user-defined C-language functions
Date: 1999-09-28 13:45:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> writes:
> Tom, where are we on this?

It's in my to-do queue. I have to touch the same files anyway in order
to make the world safe for constant-folding, because right now CREATE
FUNCTION only lets you specify the ISCACHABLE flag for a C-language
routine. Need to open that up for all languages, and document it.

I was waiting for Thomas, because I had understood some of his remarks
to mean that he was busy doing a major rearrangement of code in the
parser, but he told me last night to go ahead and commit these changes.
So it should get done shortly.

regards, tom lane