Re: pgsql-jdbc/pgsql-odbc

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres-Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>, the6campbells <the6campbells(at)gmail(dot)com>, goldenhawking(at)vip(dot)163(dot)com
Subject: Re: pgsql-jdbc/pgsql-odbc
Date: 2009-11-19 03:20:00
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> I see that there's been no response to bugs #5194, #5187, #5051.
> Should we consider adding a message to the bug reporting page that
> suggests emailing the relevant list directly for JDBC/ODBC bugs?

+1. Either that or somebody takes responsibility for forwarding
bug reports, which might be nicer but I don't know who would want
to do it.

> We seem to get a lot of those here. The other frequent one that seems to
> come up is the one-click installer. I think this has been discussed
> before but I can't now recollect whether there was any clear
> conclusion or what it was. I just feel bad for people who email us
> hoping for help and get no response at all.

I'm less sure about the 1-click installer. I suspect that a lot of the
people filing bugs here couldn't really tell whether their problem is
specific to the installer or not. In any case, some of the relevant
EDB people (Dave Page for instance) do monitor this list, so
theoretically people should get answers anyway.