Re: [HACKERS] flock patch breaks things here

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: David Gould <dg(at)informix(dot)com>
Cc: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] flock patch breaks things here
Date: 1998-09-01 01:38:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> Also, what about moving the socket to the PG_DATA dir and then
> creating a symlink to it in /tmp for older clients.

Clients don't have visibility into $PG_DATA, do they? Just ran into this
working on the ODBC interface, trying to find a place for a system-wide
configuration file. Ended up putting it in $POSTGRESDIR by default.

The /var/run option (or something similar) seems to be a good way to
head, if we can get enough support on the different platforms. Actually,
this could be an autoconf test, couldn't it?

                    - Thomas