PgAccess version 0.83 - changes in form design module

From: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: PgAccess version 0.83 - changes in form design module
Date: 1998-03-11 22:26:57
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Now, I think I need to know more about tcl/tk here (and if so, let me
> know), but if I want to build a very simple interface that allows me to
> pull in a particular record (select * from table where setvalue =
> 'variable'), how do I go about doing that? Is this where the 'script'
> comes in, or can I do it from within the form editor?
> This might be something that you add to your formdemo.sql, as having to
> scroll thorugh a list of several thousand records isnt' very user friendly
> :)

Yes. It's true.

This new version of PgAccess , 0.83 comes with a new dumped database,
formdemo.sql that could be used in order to spy how to develop a
application with forms in PgAccess. There are two forms there, one of
them showing how to make a simple rolodex for your phone numbers.

You could see there how to add a new record, how to change one (whoops,
I forgot to show how to delete one, do it yourselves in order to make
some training). Please, get this tiny (4 Kb) file and experiment a bit
before designing your own forms.

Also, please read carefully my notes about form design module at
http://www.flex.ro/pgaccess/forms.html

I made some changes in naming convention style, some new functions and
procedures have been implemented.
Also, there are more detailed explanations.

I have also described there some of the problems that I have encountered
and will need really some opinions from the users.

Downloads :
http://www.flex.ro/pgaccess/pgaccess-0.83.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.flex.ro/pub/pgaccess/pgaccess-0.83.tar.gz

I am waiting your messages ...

--
Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA