Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] Installation Postgresql95 on linux slackware

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Ronald Cole <ronald(at)ridgecrest(dot)ca(dot)us>
Cc: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] Installation Postgresql95 on linux slackware
Date: 1998-02-26 03:12:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > And since you've practically removed what made it a postgres database,
> > I would recommend you change the name yet again. I was quite familiar
> > with the innovative feature set of postgres, and was quite suprised to
> > discover that you've practically removed most of them.

Hmm. You should be specific, since many of us are familiar with the feature set
and your blanket statement doesn't make much sense to me at least. Not intending
to escalate this, but please remember that without the PostgreSQL team you would
have a choice of Postgres95/v1.0 or nothing with "Post" in the name. Join us and
help, or enjoy what is available, or find another tool.

Frankly, I'm quite pleased with the direction PostgreSQL has taken, but then I've
worked hard to help take it there ;-)

- Tom