Re: Major features for 9.1

From: Joshua Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Major features for 9.1
Date: 2011-04-30 19:14:37
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Greg,

> Over the next month we'll have at least two people
> chugging away at making that targeted more toward beginners (or split
> into something that is).

Might I suggest something in the format of the Binary Replication Tutorial I started on the wiki?  I have plans to update that for 9.1 and finish it, and of course would welcome expansion/help.

One thing I'm unexpectedly pleased about is that, after 1000 e-mails of design arguments, the Synch Rep we ended up with is simple and easy to understand.  I was able to explain it in a LWN article in 200 words. How unlike this project.  ;-)

I'm working with GoGrid on getting some PostgreSQL 9.1 Replication images up for use of all GoGrid users, as well.   Someone else could replicate my work at Rackspace and Amazon.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.