Re: Major features for 9.1

From: Joshua Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Major features for 9.1
Date: 2011-04-30 19:14:37
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> Over the next month we'll have at least two people
> chugging away at making that targeted more toward beginners (or split
> into something that is).

Might I suggest something in the format of the Binary Replication Tutorial I started on the wiki?  I have plans to update that for 9.1 and finish it, and of course would welcome expansion/help.

One thing I'm unexpectedly pleased about is that, after 1000 e-mails of design arguments, the Synch Rep we ended up with is simple and easy to understand.  I was able to explain it in a LWN article in 200 words. How unlike this project.  ;-)

I'm working with GoGrid on getting some PostgreSQL 9.1 Replication images up for use of all GoGrid users, as well.   Someone else could replicate my work at Rackspace and Amazon.

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
San Francisco