State Farm Career Opportunity - Data Specialist/Database Administrator
Significant PostgreSQL experience needed!
Consideration for this job requires candidates to apply to our online application at www.statefarm.com/careers<http://www.statefarm.com/careers> using the job code #31125.
Why State Farm(r):
Our commitment to customers makes us the No. 1 insurer of cars and homes in the United States and an insurance leader in Canada.
This same commitment to our work force is how we got here and how we stay here. Our 90-year track record highlights State Farm as an employer of choice committed to providing career opportunities that last a lifetime.
From diverse backgrounds and talent, to meaningful work and comprehensive benefits, "Like a good neighbor..." isn't just a slogan. It's who we are and how we do business.
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION:
* Create, alter, and maintain application database structures that meet the needs of the business
* Perform database specific application tuning; diagnose and resolve problems
* Create and implement physical data standards, procedures and guidelines for use of database managers
* Perform research on database and platform features, technologies, and tools, and implement and upgrade products
WHAT KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ARE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION:
* Knowledge and awareness of database development, or product and database support
* Knowledge of application development and networking
* Knowledge and awareness of database management systems (DBMS)
* Sound problem resolution
* Judgment and decision making skills
* Organizational and analytical skills
A significant portion of this position will involve implementing and supporting PostgreSQL itself therefore significant experience with PostgreSQL is essential!!
* Data Access Design
* Data Access Development
* SQL experience
* PostgreSQL experience
* Transactional Data Design
* OO Design
* Distributed DBMS Experience (sharding, clustering, load balancing)
* PostgreSQL primary-standby replication (ex. Slony-I, Londite)
* PostgreSQL master-master replication and conflict resolution (ex. Bucardo)
Additional Skills that would be beneficial to this position:
* NoSQL DBMS experience (Riak, Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB)
* Java development experience
BENEFITS: TOTAL REWARDS
Our Total Rewards benefits package includes:
* Competitive starting salary
* Annual merit reviews
* Annual bonus potential
You may also be eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, Vision, 401(k) Plan (Savings & Thrift in Canada), Credit Union, a fully funded retirement pension plan, and more.
To search for more information on careers in the U.S., visit statefarm.com/careers. To search for more information on careers in Canada, visit statefarm.ca/careers. State Farm Insurance is an equal opportunity employer.
Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.
Kevin Schwoerer, Recruiter
State Farm Enterprise Recruiting
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Steve Hunt||Date: 2012-05-11 10:47:04|
|Subject: Postgres DBA position in Brighton UK|
|Previous:||From: Kevin Schwoerer||Date: 2012-05-09 16:18:38|
|Subject: State Farm Career Opportunity – Systems Analyst|