Re: Need some info.

To: "Suresh Gupta VG" <suresh(dot)g(at)zensar(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need some info.
Date: 2008-01-13 22:13:40
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi ,

Before you do any thing like upgrade backup is the mantra

   - in plain sql format
   - File system base ( remember to shutdown postgresql before taking
   - pg_dump

Queries :-
> 1)       Can we do rollback if required after complete installation??

Yes you would be able to, make sure you overwrite all binaries of old
PostgreSQL when upgrade , in case of rollback simply compile and overwrite

3)       If we do the installation in the other directory which doesn't
> contain old version. Does it solve our problem

Yes that may help this way you may not have to do the file system backup.

Vishal Kashyap.
Need help visit