Re: Add FET to Default and Europe.txt

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Marc Balmer <marc(at)msys(dot)ch>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add FET to Default and Europe.txt
Date: 2012-10-06 14:59:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Marc Balmer <marc(at)msys(dot)ch> writes:
> These files are maintained by PostgreSQL, there is even a README with an
> explicit mention that changes should be reported to pgsql-hackers....

What the README file actually suggests is that periodically we should
re-evaluate the set of default abbreviations.  I'm not that thrilled
with making one-off changes on a first-to-complain basis.

I have no particular objection to adding FET, since it doesn't seem to
have any conflicts with other zone abbreviations; but we're really way
overdue for another global look at the abbreviation lists.