Trouble with CallableStatement

From: "Michael Guyver" <kenevel(at)googlemail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Trouble with CallableStatement
Date: 2006-07-23 11:27:27
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hi there,

Having followed Adam's advice and prevented the original error by
upgrading the Jar to
8.1-407, I now get a different exception. For the same function:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION pro_register_cookie_for_user(
   prmUserId int8,
   prmSecureGuid varchar,
   OUT outUsernameHash varchar,
   OUT outMaxAge float4)
AS $$
$$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;

I now get the following error:

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: No results were returned by the query.
        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:259)

This is caused by the AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(int)
method returning false for any code path which satisfies the condition
(isFunction && returnTypeSet).

This appears to be at best mis-reported as I can clearly see the
results being read into the  abstractJdbc2Statement.callResult
instance variable.

Is this right?

Michael