Visual Basic interface (Help needed)

From: Michael Doyle <relyod(at)co-operation-ireland(dot)ie>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Visual Basic interface (Help needed)
Date: 1999-09-29 09:59:10
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I wonder if anyone can tell me what is the most efficient
way of accessing a PostgreSQL database (hosted on a FreeBSD server)
in a program written in Visual Basic ?

I am using Visual Basic 6 and the Postgres ODBC drivers
and have found that while accessing the database on the LAN is
fairly responsive, the remote sites (connected by 128k leased line)
have unacceptable response times.

I was using the ADO controls in VB6.

Are there any better controls? Should I try to use the standard DAO
controls with an ODBC data source ?

Any hints on this would be greatly appreciated

Michael Doyle email: relyod(at)co-operation-ireland(dot)ie
Network Administrator personal email: relyod(at)indigo(dot)ie
Co-operation Ireland http://www.co-operation-ireland.ie/
Phone: +353-1-661 0588 Fax: +353-1-661 8456