Call for proposalsfor PDXPUG PgDay: due June 20, 2008

From: "Selena Deckelmann" <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Postgresql PDX_Users" <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Call for proposalsfor PDXPUG PgDay: due June 20, 2008
Date: 2008-06-02 02:17:12
Lists: pdxpug
Please forward to any lists you feel are relevant!

PDXPUG PgDay will be on July 20, 2008.  This is a one-day conference
happening the day before OSCON at the Oregon Convention Center.

We are inviting anyone who has something interesting to share about
PostgreSQL to send us a proposal!

The deadline for proposals is June 20, 2008.

We'd like to have at one 1.5 hour tutorial and up to five 45-minute talks.

We welcome talks in any of the following areas:

* Case studies involving interesting and innovative uses of PostgreSQL
from an application developer, PostgreSQL developer or administrative
user perspective
* Converting from other databases to PostgreSQL
* How-to accomplish database administration tasks (partitioning,
backups, replication, writing stored procedures)
* Practical advice on configuration, monitoring and database management

To submit a proposal:

1. Login to (create an account if you don't
already have one!)
2. Go to:
And submit a talk! Please be sure to include a speaker biography. Thanks!

We will notify submitters of their acceptance by June 25, 2008.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at PDXPUG PgDay!

Selena Deckelmann
United States PostgreSQL Association -
Me -

pdxpug by date