command-line function editor

From: "Selena Deckelmann" <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Postgresql PDX_Users" <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: command-line function editor
Date: 2007-10-08 16:29:18
Lists: pdxpug
Does anyone know of an easy way to edit a function from the
command-line? I run into this all the time - I'm tweaking a PL/PgSQL
function and then running a query right after that to test it. I
realize that I could just pipe a file containing the function and the
query into psql, but on some systems it is nicer to just do this on
the command line.

Someone is going to tell me that it is a \e variant and I'm going to
feel real dumb.

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
PDXPUG - Portland PostgreSQL Users Group

pdxpug by date