Re: What is this thing that is called a "Data Dictionary?"

From: "Jim Stalewski" <JStalewski(at)VisaLighting(dot)com>
To: "Richard Broersma Jr" <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>, "Jasbinder Singh Bali" <jsbali(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Novice Postgresql-list" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: What is this thing that is called a "Data Dictionary?"
Date: 2007-05-02 20:57:27
Lists: pgsql-novice

I just went to wikipedia. That's what they say - a data dictionary is
metadata, and they say that within a DBMS it's represented as a set of
read-only tables and views.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_dictionary

They seem to indicate it's something that you build, though, not
something generated by the RDBMS.

Innnteresting...