Re: Restart increment to 0 each year = re-invent the se

From: "Priem, Alexander" <ap(at)cict(dot)nl>
To: 'Bruno Baguette' <pgsql-ml(at)baguette(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Restart increment to 0 each year = re-invent the se
Date: 2004-04-26 09:59:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

You can set a sequence 'nextval' with the following statement :

SELECT setval('XXX_YYY_seq',0);

XXX is the table name.
YYY is the name of the field containing the 'serial' value.

The next value inserted in the table will then have a (serial) value of '0'
or '1', I am not entirely sure which (I think '1').

Kind regards,
Alexander Priem.