Full-Time PostgreSQL DBA/Developer in Dallas, TX area
My name is Britt Carlile and I am the Corporate Recruiter for RealPage,
Inc., a software development company in the Dallas, TX area.
Due to our company's growth, we are looking for a talented PostgreSQL
DBA/Developer with extensive experience developing and maintaining
The salary and benefits for these opportunities are VERY competitive with
The Database Administrator/Developer is responsible for the design,
development and maintenance of databases which will support the products and
services developed by the Product Development Team. The DBA/Developer will
work with the Product Development Manager in the planning, design,
development, testing and deploying database projects. Close contact will be
required with the entire Product Development Staff to ensure that the
programmers’ activities are in line with the goals of larger projects
involving multiple programmers. Maintaining set design standards for the
larger project to ensure compatibility will be essential for this position.
YieldStar places a strong emphasis on client service, so the DBA/Developer,
while not a frontline customer contact, will interact with customers to
ensure that their requirements are met in the most efficient manner.
• Design logical and physical databases within PostgreSQL and MS SQL
• Manage existing data models and create models for new databases.
• Generate and maintain data dictionaries.
• Work with business analysts and various groups to collect requirements and
translate those into logical database models.
• Extensive database programming using PostegreSQL and other SQL server
• Troubleshoot problems reported by clients in the data warehouse systems.
• Develop procedures to DTS data from multi-sources.
• Identify potential performance and process improvements.
• Conduct data analysis, design and execution architecture training, as
• Develop new and manage existing ETLs for the warehouse databases.
• Provide SQL / database support to the application developers.
• Manage the databases in development and QA environments.
• Monitor and manage the production data warehousing processes.
• College degree in computer related field or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated experience in database design, schema development,
optimization/tuning and maintenance of databases. Specifically, PostgreSQL
and SQL Server knowledge is required.
• 5+ years of proven experience including a broad range of Database
Administration and Development.
• Minimum 2 years of proven experience of Database Development
• Minimum 5 years MS SQL Server as a designer and DBA highly desired.
• Minimum 5 years SQL programming experience highly desired.
• Expertise in data modeling tools is required.
• Linux OS knowledge, shell scripting knowledge is a huge plus.
• Demonstrated interest in, knowledge of, and enthusiasm for Internet and
Open Source technologies
• Must be analytical, flexible, innovative, and self-motivated
• Must be able to succeed in a dynamic team environment and be open to
overtime when necessary
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, team player with excellent
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision
To apply to the position, please send resumes to jobs(at)realpage(dot)com
Please feel free to check out our website below for more information on the
RealPage, Inc. website: www.realpage.com
4000 International Parkway
Carrollton, TX 75007
Talent Acquisition Team
RealPage is a leading provider of products and services to the multifamily
industry. Its comprehensive suite of integrated systems and services
includes OneSite, CrossFire, M/PF YieldStar, Velocity, OpsTechnology,
EverGreen Solutions, A.L. Wizard, and Propertyware.
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/Direct-Hire---PostgreSQL-DBA-Developer---Dallas%2C-TX-tp28891597p28891597.html
Sent from the PostgreSQL - jobs mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Alan McKay||Date: 2010-06-21 13:28:43|
|Subject: OT: urgently need expert DB2 consultant|
|Previous:||From: Prasad Ravi||Date: 2010-06-03 14:55:25|
|Subject: PostgreSQL DBA/Architect @ New York|