Re: fix for windows breakage in regression script

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: fix for windows breakage in regression script
Date: 2005-01-15 04:05:17
Lists: pgsql-patches

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> What about the Cygwin port --- will it have the same issue? If so what
>> should we add?

> No, Cygwin works OK - still have occasional issues with non-empty
> tablespaces, but not this issue. The Cygwin environment itself emulates
> unix sockets, I think that's the reason.

Hm --- have you checked it since I changed the script?

port/cygwin.h claims that older versions of Cygwin don't have Unix
sockets, and there's a hack in pg_config_manual.h that sure looks like
it will disable HAVE_UNIX_SOCKETS on any Cygwin version. I'm inclined
to think that pg_regress should play it safe and assume no Unix sockets
on Cygwin.