Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix log_temp_files docs and comments to say bytes not kilobytes.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix log_temp_files docs and comments to say bytes not kilobytes.
Date: 2010-07-06 15:25:21
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 11:10 AM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> Changing the unit setting would also be a behavioral change. I think
>> what Bruce is suggesting is that this is simply not worth worrying about
>> in the back branches.

> It seems pretty strange not to at least document it. And I'm not wild
> about adding documentation that says "Even though this value purports
> to be in kilobytes, it's really not", but I guess we can.

Uh, no, the suggestion is to do *nothing* in the back branches. Yes
they're buggy, but without any field complaints, it's hard to argue that
anyone much cares. And I agree with Greg Smith that for anyone who does
care, a behavioral change in a minor release is much harder to deal with
than a change at a major release.