Re: [JDBC] creating temporary table PostgreSql 8.1 and iBatis 2.3

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: tomasz brymora <tomekpilot(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [JDBC] creating temporary table PostgreSql 8.1 and iBatis 2.3
Date: 2007-06-22 22:05:52
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-jdbc

Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com> writes:
> On Fri, 22 Jun 2007, tomasz brymora wrote:
>> I've build a script in pgAdmin 3 ( os x 10.4 on ppc) that does a select,
>> some left outer joins and puts the results into a temporary table. Works
>> great when I run in pgAdmin.
>>
>> Then I try to use in an iBatis sqlmap as a 'select' and get this when
>> trying to execute it:
>>
>> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: must be member of role
>> "postgres"

> Knowing the SQL that it actually executed would be valuable.

Indeed. A quick scan of the backend source says that that message is
only issued if you try to give away ownership of something to a role you
are not a member of (this means ALTER OWNER and the options of CREATE
DATABASE/CREATE SCHEMA that give the object some other owner than
yourself). So there's something you didn't tell us about what that
script does.