Re: PostgreSQL 7.1 beta3 on Windows 2k

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "JJAR" <jjarcore(at)eresmas(dot)com>
Cc: "Jason Tishler" <Jason(dot)Tishler(at)dothill(dot)com>, pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 7.1 beta3 on Windows 2k
Date: 2001-02-07 16:00:54
Lists: pgsql-ports
"JJAR" <jjarcore(at)eresmas(dot)com> writes:
> 	I have tried "make installcheck" and in the end I get this:

> ======================
>  All 76 tests passed.
> ======================

That looks good.

> but I have seen the word ERROR before this, so I am wondering why. An
> example of this:
> ============== running regression test queries        ==============
> test boolean              ... ERROR:  Bad boolean external representation
> 'XXX'
> ok

I think you have started the postmaster in a way that left its stderr
going to your terminal, rather than redirected into a logfile.  Those
look like the errors that the regression tests normally provoke --- but
as a rule, you don't want the logfile going to your screen.

Bottom line appears to be that your system has trouble running more than
a few processes in parallel.  Good 'ol Microsoft strikes again...