Re: PgFoundry mailings

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>, pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PgFoundry mailings
Date: 2005-07-01 13:34:15
Lists: pgsql-committers

> Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
>> I think this has been discussed before. The default is that the
>> commit e-mails are sent to this list. However each project may change
>> this behaviour by adding some files to CVS repo. We did it in
>> pgsqlrpms project.

> But there was supposed to be some way to filter them, which apparently
> doesn't work consistently.

Yes. I thought all pgfoundry commit messages were going to be tagged
with a special header line, along the lines of "X-Pgfoundry: project",
so that you could drop 'em all or alternatively filter by project.
The rather large number of pgestraier mailings that showed up today
haven't got any such label.

If the labeling depends on the knowledge and cooperation of the
individual project leaders it will not work --- it has to be done
site-wide.

If nothing is done I'm probably personally going to start filtering
against "From: anyone(at)pgfoundry(dot)org" which would be unfortunate,
since it'd likely catch non-commit messages too.