Re: hexadecimal to decimal

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: Ron Johnson <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: hexadecimal to decimal
Date: 2003-07-31 05:37:12
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-patches

> My reasoning at the time was that library preloading shouldn't prevent
> the postmaster from starting, even if it is unsuccessful, but now I
> wonder if that was a good idea.

It seems entirely sensible to me for the postmaster to choke on invalid
settings in postgresql.conf. Better than failing to mention the problem
at all, anyway.

> 2) do you want a patch that exports plperl_init_all() (and I guess
> similar init functions in pltcl and plpython)?

Yeah, I guess. Might as well make one in plpgsql too --- even if it
does nothing today, it might be useful in the future, so the
documentation ought to recommend "call 'plxxx_init' when preloading plxxx"
as a general thing.