Re: New VACUUM FULL crashes on temp relations

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Takahiro Itagaki <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New VACUUM FULL crashes on temp relations
Date: 2010-02-02 18:55:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Takahiro Itagaki <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> writes:
>> AFAICS, the assertion is broken, but the code is correct. We just need to
>> adjust the expression in the assertion.

> I think this is 100% wrong.  Toast tables shouldn't be changing
> namespace either; which means you broke something somewhere else.

After tracing through it, the problem is that rebuild_relation() assumes
toast tables are always in PG_TOAST_NAMESPACE; which has not been true
since 8.3.  CLUSTER has been renaming temp toast tables into the wrong
namespace right along.  Without the assert to call attention to it, who
knows how long it would've taken to notice :-(

Will fix.