Sunday, April 26, 2009, 8:02:22 PM, you wrote:
DP> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 8:48 PM, Rainer Bauer <usenet(at)munnin(dot)com> wrote:
>> After setting up the job in pgAdminIII, I try to run it (via the
>> context menu) but nothing happens. "Nothing" means the backup is not
>> created, but the job status in pgAdmin is altered: "Last result" says
>> "Successful" and the "Last Run" time is updated.
>> The job was created as "Batch" kind and the batch script specified in
>> the job definition:
>> So the question is: what am I doing wrong?
DP> Anything in the event log? Try putting an echo statement in the
DP> definition to output something - it should show up in the job step
The event log does not contain any entries.
No matter what I put into the batch file, the only thing that is shown
in Column "Output" is the text: C:\WINDOWS\System32>F:\Daten\Munnin\PostgreSQL\pgagent
"There" refers to selecting pgAdminIII>myDatabase>Jobs>myJob>Steps(1)>MyStep
and then activating the Statistics tab.
Not sure if that is what you meant by "job step output".
But while doing some further tests, I found the mistake I made. I have
splitted the backup batch file into several batch files. And when I
tested it in the console the CWD was correct. However, when the main
batch file is called from pgAgent the CWD is different and the batch
files called from the main one are not found.
Maybe adding a hint in the documentation will help others users in the
future not to fall into this pitfall.
Anyway, thanks for the response.
In response to
pgadmin-support by date
|Next:||From: Соболь А.Е.||Date: 2009-04-27 05:53:24|
|Subject: Missing russian symbols in LogFile console for win1251|
|Previous:||From: Dave Page||Date: 2009-04-26 18:02:22|
|Subject: Re: pgAdmin not starting my job|