Re: pgsql/src/backend/utils/adt like.c like_match.c

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>, pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql/src/backend/utils/adt like.c like_match.c
Date: 2001-10-04 22:55:07
Lists: pgsql-committers
>> Shouldn't it be like.o to like_match.c?

> Technically yes, but since it's an #included file you don't need it at all
> if all you want is to get it to compile.  For complete dependencies it's
> --enable-depend and this one will be included automatically.

Sure, but there are a few dependencies that seem important enough to
hard-wire into the Makefiles, so that they'll be honored even if you
don't do --enable-depend.  backend/parser has some, for example.
This one seemed to me to be of that ilk.  I expect to have to be careful
if I hack .h files without having enabled dependencies ... but one
normally doesn't need to think about that for .c files.