Re: [HACKERS] commitfest.postgresql.org

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] commitfest.postgresql.org
Date: 2009-07-07 19:42:00
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-www
> With the wiki, the data of the old fests will pretty much stay what is
> was, unless we change the wiki templates in drastic ways, as I
> understand it.  But if we did changes like the above, or more
> complicated things, perhaps, what will happen?  Perhaps we simply
> don't care about the historical data.  But if we do, we better have
> pretty high confidence that the current application will do for a
> while or is easily upgradable.

I'm not convinced that we care in the least about commitfests that are
more than a fest or two back; especially since the mailing lists archive
all the interesting underlying data.  However, if we did, the answer
doesn't seem that hard: keep the old database instance on-line for
serving up the old data, and put a new one beside it.