Re: dblink bug fix - please apply prior to wrapping up beta tarball

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: dblink bug fix - please apply prior to wrapping up beta tarball
Date: 2002-09-03 04:22:32
Lists: pgsql-patches

> BTW, that connectby function gave me the impression that it may actually
> be simpler for the function writer to build and return their own
> tuplestore. A lot of complexity is removed by not having to deal with
> multiple calls.

For sure. The only saving grace of the multiple-calls thing is that it
allows you to cope with indefinitely large result sets ... and we're
blowing that advantage by stuffing the result into a tuplestore back
at nodeFunctionscan.c, anyway. I still want to revisit that set of
issues someday soon (not for 7.3 of course).